Schwalbe Marathon Plus Road Tyre
The Schwalbe Marathon Plus is the only tyre worldwide that can be called "flat-less". This is due to its unique and patented puncture protection belt that is five millimetres thick and made from highly elastic special rubber. Even thumbtacks can't puncture it. It also rolls lighter than before.
Due to the unique puncture protection, the weight of the Marathon Plus is a little high. But although the Marathon Plus weighs a couple of extra grams, its rolling characteristics are excellent. The empirical laboratory test confirms what you can feel for yourself on the bike- the new Marathon Plus rolls noticeably lighter than other tyres with puncture protection belts of comparable thickness.
The original Marathon Plus is now protected against premature aging resulting from adverse weather conditions or excessive stress in the case of insufficient air pressure. Schwalbe have developed a special anti-aging technology. It makes the sidewalls of the Marathon Plus extremely resistant to ugly crack formation.
At the same time, the Marathon lives up to its name with a new rubber compound: The Endurance Compound rolls for thousands of kilometres with excellent performance characteristics and low abrasion.
Everyone is talking about e-bikes. They require an extremely stable, durable and puncture-proof tyre. Naturally, the new Marathon Plus fulfils all e-bike tyre requirements. This is not just true of e-bikes with pedal assistance up to 25 km/h. The new Marathon Plus is certified with the European mark of conformity for fast e-bikes up to 50 km/h for all the most popular sizes.
- SmartGuard puncture protection
- Wire bead
- Durable Endurance compound
- Reflective sidewall for visibility
- Weight: 25c: 595g; 28c: 750g
- Level 6 SmartGuard: Most effective protection belt available for bicycle tyres. A substantial, 5 mm thick layer of flexible, special Indian rubber offers durable protection. Works also for objects that lodge in the tread. Even a thumbtack won’t harm it.
- E bike ready: Special tires are necessary for fast E-bikes. The best solution is tires with ECE-R75 certification, valid throughout Europe. All of Schwalbe's Energizer tires bear the mark and are valid on vehicles up to 50 km/h.
- Performance Line: Excellent quality for intensive use. They are the very best value for money tyres.
- Anti-aging sidewall: It now lasts much longer before developing unsightly cracks when subjected to use with too low air pressure.